How did you ring in the new year? I rang mine in wearing old flannel pajamas while browsing Facebook which caused me to almost miss ringing in the new year. According to my mom, the way you spend new year's is indicative of how your year will go. So...mine will be filled with laziness, nosiness and a lack of punctuality. =P
Thankfully, I’m not that superstitious. I’m one of those make-your-own-luck kind of gals which is why it should come as no surprise that I LOVE making new year resolutions. Making them. Keeping them is a whole other story.
But that’s not going to stop me from setting some lofty goals for myself which may or may not be kept.
My 2014 Resolutions
*All pertaining to work. I've got personal ones too but do you really want to hear about my newfound commitment to flossing?
1. Social media better. By better I mean more often, better content and prettier pictures. In my experience, I am most consistent (and receive the most interaction) via Instagram and Facebook. I think I’m doing a pretty ok job in those two areas but I would like to pretty up my pictures and give them a more cohesive look. However, my BLOG is a sad state (and don’t even get me started on Twitter). But I am going to make a conscientious effort to blog better too.
2. Complete my picture book. This one has been sitting on my to-do list for the better of a year now. I’ve got the story. I can see the illustrations in my head. All I gotta do is commit them to paper. Easier said than done but I'm giving myself a June deadline on this one.
3. Grow my list of retailers. One day, I want to see my designs stocked in stores in all 50 states. Until then, I'll aim for growing my list of retailers by at least 50% by year's end.
4. Get dream blog mentions. I've got a list of blogs I read on a daily basis. Most of them are run by fabulous ladies with an eye for design...the kind of design category I hope my work falls into. To be mentioned (however briefly...I'm talking maybe having one of my prints hanging in the background of a photoshoot...I ain't greedy) would be a dream.
5. Finish my zodiac/astrology/constellation series. There are twelve astrological signs. I've completed six. Finishing the remaining six should be pretty easy...which is exactly why this one made it on this list. If all else fails, I completed one of my 2014 resolutions. Winner!