- Help end domestic and sexual violence with the Houston Area...
I have mixed feelings about #girlboss.
Reasons I love #girlboss:
- It is a rally cry for us to get up and to be seen.
- The sisterhood of entrepreneurs, makers, artists, movers and shakers who identify with it and embrace those who do so as well.
- The community it can create.
- The example it can set for young girls who still might doubt.
- It is damn catchy.
- It looks great on a sweatshirt.
Reasons I don't love #girlboss:
- I ain't no girl. I'm a damn woman.
- I don't need...
There have been a bunch of recent articles quoting the very famous Marina Abramović declaring motherhood would have been a detriment to her art. And then, obviously, the internet went into a hoopla. A. HOOPLA.
As someone who is a woman, is an artist (albeit significantly less famous) and is a mother, I thought I'd chime in.
I don't condemn Abramović for her general thoughts on motherhood. It's true, being a mother is a lot of work and does require an enormous amount of energy. And for a...
Original. Home baked. Made from scratch.
I'm whipping up a bunch of new sweets inspired house drawings and each one is a winner.
I'm giving each house it's own high school superlative inspired award. Think Best Hair.
I'm cutting out award ribbons you can attach to each framed house.
I know, I'm a dork. But, oh my goodness, it makes me so happy when things come in neat little...